Software Engineering Academic Advising Contract
- Attend scheduled appointments and maintain email and phone contact with your adviser each semester.
- Come prepared to each appointment with questions or material for discussion.
- Be an active learner and ask questions if you do not understand.
- Accept the consequences of their academic and personal decisions and take responsibility for their academic progress and goal attainment.
- Register for appropriate courses in accordance with advice from their adviser and accept responsibility for accuracy of their schedules.
- Access and review degree audit information and develop and update their academic plan on a regular basis.
- Carefully consider and follow through on adviser recommendations.
- Know your registration date and semester deadlines. http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/calendar/
- Understand and follow the College of Engineering Basic Program guidelines.
- Follow course prerequisites and co-requisites. http://catalog.iastate.edu/informationaboutcourses/
- Provide academic support to ensure successful progression to graduation.
- Guide decision-making and responsible development of educational plans for achievement.
- Provide information and strategies for using university resources and services.
- Monitor and accurately document progress.
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to FERPA.
- Be knowledgeable about university, college and departmental policies and procedures and the graduation requirements.
- Be accessible and responsive to their advisees via office hours, phone and/or email.